Top Five Reasons Why You Must Learn Accounting
Whether you are a business owner, manager of a non-for-profit organisation or a job seeker, you will greatly benefit from learning accounting.
Here are the top five reasons why you must learn Accounting:
1. Accounting is a very valuable and highly-sought-after skill which is always high in demand by business owners. Whether you are owning a business, thinking of starting a new business or looking for a job in the office administration, finance, bookkeeping or accounting areas, you need accounting skill. With accounting skill, not only you can find job quickly even when job is hard to come by but also you get paid reasonably high wages or salaries when you find a job.
2. Accounting is the backbone of any organisations regardless of their sizes, big or small. Whether you are managing a small non-for-profit community organisation or a large company in the business sector, you need to have a very robust, efficient and effective accounting system to succeed. You can have a robust, efficient and effective accounting system when you have a good understanding of the accounting principles and accounting processes.
3. Accounting is a compliance requirement which both business and non-profit organisations need meet to fulfil their tax and other compliance obligations. A strong, efficient and effective accounting system enables business owners and managers to legally carry out profitable business or charitable activities while stay compliant with all legal requirements.
4. Accounting is the language of a business. When it comes to business communication with your customers, suppliers and other stakeholders, the business owners and employees who are handling business transactions need to know basic accounting principles and terminologies to effectively communicate in the business environment. When engaging in a business activity with customers, suppliers or other stakeholders as a manager or an employee, you need to understand certain accounting terminologies such as terms of trade, accounts receivables, accounts payable, due dates, profit and loss, GST or tax exclusive, cashflow, term deposit, budget and much more. If you don’t know accounting, the language of a business, then you won’t be able to communicate effectively to discharge your responsibility as a manager or employee in the workplace.
5. Accounting helps business owners and managers to make an informed economic decision. Business owners and managers are using accounting information to make an informed economic decision all the times. Whether to hire a new employee, add a new product or service to the business portfolio or closing an existing branch, business owners and managers use accounting information to make decisions like these on regular basis.
The good news is that you don’t need to go to business schools or university to learn accounting. With the advancement in technologies and modern education system, you can learn accounting from the comfort of your own home free or for a small course fee.
At AH Accounting and Training Services, we make learning fun and enjoyable. With over 2500 happy students, you are going love out short certificate courses.
Contact us for more information:
Mobile: 0210 222 3925