Friday 26 October 2018
9.00am: Welcome and introduction
9.10am: Keynote: ‘Chasing Nirvana – Creating Awesome, Engaged and Resilient Working Cultures’ - James McCulloch, Inspire Group
- How organisations can build empowered teams
- Using compassion, respect and diversity to make it a great place to work
- Embedding practices that strengthen a positive culture
- Nurturing the radicals and non-conformists
9.50am: Keynote: ‘Transformation, Resilience and Survival’ - Wayne Neal, Business Energetics
- Why organisations need to think differently about career lifecycles and their structure / culture to secure the long-term survival.
- AI and the future.
- How can we support fresh thinking about vitality, skills, social networks and personal transformation to meet changing workplace needs?
- Keys to driving the success of wellbeing strategies and support transformation.
- The science of stress and its impact on human performance from the fields of neurophysiology, psychology and exercise physiology.
10.30am: Networking and morning tea
11.00am: Case Study: Farmstrong – How is this building the rural workplaces resilience? - Shaun Robinson, Mental Health Foundation
- Lessons for promoting workplace wellbeing
11.40am: Presentation and round-table discussions: Integrating a pro-active approach to mental health: creating processes to identify those at risk - Aaron McIntosh, Mcintosh & Co
- Building a mental health and wellbeing strategy
- What resources support the strategy
- What training should leaders have to identify and support colleagues
- Educating your team about mental health initiatives that they can take.
12.20pm Lunch & Networking
1.00pm Keynote: ‘Terrorists Within – How workplace bullying is impacting your teams' performance and impacting your teams' lives’ - Suzanne Henwood, mBraining4Success and The Healthy Workplace
- Is bullying happening in NZ workplaces?
- What are the warning signs? Why is it happening?
- How does this relate to Psychological Safety at work?
- How well are we handling it when it does occur?
- Exploring strategies and action steps that communicate a healthier culture in to the future.
1.40pm Team Exercise: Super-heroes and Kryptonite – unleashing neuro diversity in our workplaces - Aaron Hodder, Assurity
- How do we create workplaces that value and capitalise neuro diversity?
- Building understanding of the differences within people
- Creating a team of super-heroes
2.20pm Panel Discussion: Overcoming Derision – A Plan of Action
Panel: Wayne Neal, Aaron McIntosh, Suzanne Henwood, Aaron Hodder
- What does it take to build and maintain employee confidence to share how they are doing?
- How do we do it differently?
- Promoting empathy and kindness organisation-wise without giving away all control.
- Developing a culture that listens and seeks to understand.
3.00pm Closing Remarks