Managers as Coaches – Getting the best out of the people you lead.
This practical workshop provides the tools and skills leaders need to adopt a coaching mind-set and take a coaching approach to the wide range of conversations they have in the course of their day, week or year. It will help them avoid the common pitfalls when coaching, and also provides strategies for dealing with difficult situations or conversations.
Plus - Dealing with difficult personalities or toxic behaviours in the workplace. This workshop will also provide strategies for dealing with the 5%ers in the workplace whose difficult personalities cause 95% of the problems.
There will be the opportunity to solve a real and current problem you may be facing at work by applying the tools and skills during the workshop process.
The Coaching Mindset
- Coaching leadership and creating cultures of accountability
- Coaching defined
- How to avoid the 8 common pitfalls when coaching
- A 4 step tool for coaching conversations
- Listening for the heart of the matter
- Questions not answers
- The power of positive feedback
Dealing with Performance Gaps
- Performance gaps and what to do about them
- Tools for feedback conversations
- A 5 step tool for performance improvement conversations
- Dealing with difficult personalities, situations or conversations
Dates & Locations
Tauranga - Thursday 25 October 2018
The Historic Village - 159, 17th Avenue West, Tauranga
Auckland – Thursday 8 November 2018
Parenting Place - 300 Great South Rd, Greenlane, Auckland
Who Should Attend
If you supervise or manage a team you will find this workshop helpful in empowering you to learn to succeed.
Be inspired by Aly McNicoll
Aly McNicoll is a Director of the NZ Coaching & Mentoring Centre and has been involved with coaching, mentoring and leadership in New Zealand and Australia for the last 12 years. She has refined techniques for both introducing coaching as a skill set and promoting learning as a way of being in teams and organisations.
Aly is a regular presenter at international conferences (American Society for Training & Development Conference, European Mentoring & Coaching Council Conference) where her specialist skills in peer learning techniques have led to her spending increasing proportions of her time working with clients in Australia, the UK and the USA.
Prior to her corporate training role, Aly has led leadership and management programmes at Unitec Institute of Technology where she is a senior lecturer on the Graduate Diploma in Not-for-Profit Management.
Price & Registration
Earlybird Special – $265.00 + GST
Standard Price - $295.00 + GST
NB: The Earlybird pricing finishes on 12 October 2018.
There are 3 easy steps to complete the online booking process, and you can choose to pay by credit card, or your organisation be invoiced. You will be prompted to select your option as you go through the payment system.
Upon completion of your registration, you will receive an automated confirmation email. If you have any issues or questions about your booking, please contact Faye Johnson on 06 878 3456 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What happens if you have to cancel?
We know that sometimes your plans can change for many different reasons. Should you be unable to attend, a substitute delegate is welcome to attend at no extra cost. If a substitute delegate is not available and you need to cancel your registration, please be aware of the following:
- Up to 7 days prior to the event you will be provided a refund of your registration cost, less a $50.00 plus GST service charge
- If you cancel within 7 days of the event, you are not eligible to receive a refund. Please note: should your registration not be paid by the time of the event, you are still liable to make the payment. Unpaid accounts may be passed over to our debt collection agency and additional costs may be incurred.
- All cancellations must be received in writing (email). You will be sent the workshop materials upon request.
- Delegates are responsible for their own travel/accommodation bookings and no compensation will be made should the event be rescheduled or cancelled.
Please note: GROW Ltd reserves the right to make any amendments that we may deem to be in the best interest of the forum – it is however very unlikely and we will notify you as soon as possible should this occur.
Morning tea and lunch are included.
Vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free options will be available. In an effort to keep the price as low as possible, other special dietary requirements are unable to be catered for. You are however welcome to bring your own snacks and lunch.
The Historic Village - Tauranga: Car parking is available on the street outside the Historic Village. We would recommend your guests giving themselves some extra time to park as it can get busy. Parking closest to the Village has time restrictions from 30 minutes - 3 hours, and the opposite side of the road is unlimited. Parking is free.
The Parenting Place - Auckland: There is on-road parking only.