Become a competent and confident Xero user in just 6 weeks or less, from the comfort of your own home or office
The Certificate in Xero Accounting is a “must do course” for those who are managing the finances for a not-for-profit organisations, are running their own business, or looking for a job in the office (administration) finance, bookkeeping and accounting areas.
The Certificate in Xero Accounting course consists of four different Xero and Accounting courses and it is designed to teach you step-by-step how to setup your accounts in Xero and process accounting transactions in the real business setting. The course walks you through to the entire accounting and Xero setup and processes, hence you learn Xero from scratch.
The course suits all skill levels and no previous knowledge of accounting or Xero is required as it covers both accounting and Xero from the very beginning and throughout the course. Based on our research and client feedback, it is the first Xero course that integrates both Xero and Accounting skills to give you all the necessary knowledge and skills required to be successful in managing real business accounts in your not-for-profit organisation or at your workplace if you are working for an employer.
The course covers the following Xero topics:
- Xero setup for new and existing businesses.
- Manage credit/cash sales and purchases.
- Mange and process sales and purchase returns.
- Manage accounts receivables and payables.
- Manage and setup bank feed to connect your Xero Software with your bank.
- Prepare monthly bank, accounts receivable and payables reconciliations.
- Record both cash and non-cash expenses/purchases.
- Prepare, understand and analyses Financial Statements.
- Understand GST requirements, prepare and file GST return to the IRD.
- Understand and prepare the required and most-commonly used end of months/year financial reports.
- Manage and record fixed assets purchases in cash and on credit.
- Understand Income tax, provisional tax and deprecation on fixed assets.
- Understand what is: income, expense, asset, liability and owner’s equity in accounting and business.
- Understand and prepare bank reconciliation.
- Create new bill direct from your email inside Xero
- Prepare bulk batch payments for suppliers
- Prepare bulk deposit
- Connect your Xero Software with your bank account
- Learn how to go paper-less with Xero Software
- Automate data entry and much more…
The course also covers the following Accounting topics
- What is Accounting?
- Why Accounting is important?
- Who uses Accounting information and why?
- What are the 5 elements of financial statements?
- Understand Asset in business and Accounting
- What is the difference between current assets and fixed assets?
- Understand liability in business and Accounting
- What is the difference between current liability and non-current liability?
- Understand equity in business and accounting
- What factors affect owner’s equity to go up and down or increase or decrease?
- Understand the owner’s drawing in business and accounting
- Understand income or revenue in business and accounting
- Understand expense in business and accounting
- What is the difference between revenue and capital expenditures?
- Understand inventory or stock in business and Accounting
- What is the double-entry accounting?
- Understand accounting equation
- Understand accounting equation through a practical illustration of a small business transactions
- Understand how debits and credits work in business and accounting
- Create accounting journal using practical business transactions
- Post your accounting journals into accounting ledgers by using a practical business example
- Understand and prepare trial balance report to check the accuracy of your accounting entries in terms of debit and credit
- Understand and interpret financial statements
- Conclusion of Accounting for Absolute Beginners
NB: This course DOES NOT cover the XERO Payroll as payroll is a separate course on its own.
Why should you enrol in this course?
- You become a competent and confident Xero user in Just 6 weeks or less from the comfort of your own home or office.
- You learn from a qualified, experienced Accountant and MYOB, XERO & Payroll Certified Advisor with over 8 years of solid accounting and teaching experience in New Zealand.
- XERO & Accounting skills are highly-sought-after skills and in high demand.
- XERO is used by over 2 million businesses in New Zealand and Australia alone and is growing.
- You don’t need to have any previous accounting or XERO knowledge to enrol in this course. The course suits all skill levels.
- You receive a completion certificate at the end of this course.
About the Presenter – Abdullah Hussain
A professionally qualified and experienced Accountant and MYOB, XERO and Payroll Certified Advisor with over 8 years of teaching experience Abdullah has been studying and working in the accounting field since 2004 and teaching accounting, MYOB, XERO and Payroll since 2012.
He has successfully trained well over 2500 students in New Zealand and completed both secondary and Tertiary education in Hamilton New Zealand – graduating with a Business Management Studies degree with accounting major from the University of Waikato.
Abdullah has been working in various profit and non-profit organisations in New Zealand as well as running his own small Accounting and Training Practice. Passionate about non-profit organisations and community work and currently works an ACE Teacher at a High School and Finance Administrator in a non-for-profit organisation.
With over 4000 members on Facebook - check the reviews from his learners
What else is included in the course?
- 6 months of FREE one-to-one support via email, phone and live conference call with tutor
- 24/7 full and unrestricted access to all course video recordings and other learning resources for 6 months
- FREE Access to private Facebook group for ongoing FREE education and employment updates
NB: The free one-to-one phone and live call support is for up to 4 hours per month and is by prior appointment only.
Date & Location:
Monday evenings over 6 weeks, from 6:30 – 8:30 pm
May: 10, 17, 24 and 31
June: 14 and 21
These webinars will be delivered online via Zoom. You will be sent the link upon registration.
Price & Registration
$395 per person inclusive of GST
Payment online is by Debit or Credit Card: VISA, Mastercard or American Express only and there are 3 easy steps to complete the online booking process.
Upon completion of your registration, you will receive an automated confirmation email. If you have any issues or questions about your booking, please contact Feona Horrex on 0272 040425 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We work hard to ensure that all workshops are cost effective by automating our systems. If you require an invoice (rather than paying by debit or credit card) there will be a $25.00 inc GST surcharge for this, and you will need to supply:
- The full name and postal address required to appear on the invoice.
- The contact name and email of the person(s) responsible for authorising this expense and approving payment.
- Any purchase order references required on vendor invoices.
Please email email@example.com if you would like to reserve a place, as our workshops fill quickly.
What happens if you have to cancel?
We know that sometimes your plans can change for many different reasons. Should you be unable to attend, a substitute delegate is welcome to attend at no extra cost. If a substitute delegate is not available and you need to cancel your registration, please be aware of the following:
Up to 7 days prior to the event you will be provided a refund of your registration cost, less a $20.00 inc GST per attendee service charge.
If you cancel within 7 days of the event, you are not eligible to receive a refund. Please note: should your registration not be paid by the time of the event, you are still liable to make the payment. Unpaid accounts may be passed over to our debt collection agency and additional costs may be incurred.
All cancellations must be received in writing via email.
Training is cancellable by GROW with 3 days’ notice if a minimum number of attendees is not met and full refunds will be provided.
Please note: GROW Ltd reserves the right to make any amendments that we may deem to be in the best interest of the forum – it is however very unlikely and we will notify you as soon as possible should this occur.
For more information see our full Terms of Trade.
This workshop will be delivered using ZOOM. Please familiarise yourself with ZOOM, it is very easy and free to use.
Watch this video on How to Join a ZOOM meeting: https://blogs.otago.ac.nz/zoom/how-to-join-a-zoom-meeting-step-by-step/