Become a competent and confident Xero user in just 6 weeks or less, from the comfort of your own home or office
Monday evenings over 6 weeks, from 6:30pm – 8:30pm
25 July, 1, 8, 15, 22 & 29 August
The Certificate in Xero Accounting is a “must do course” for those who are managing the finances for a not-for-profit organisations, are running their own business, or looking for a job in the office (administration) finance, bookkeeping and accounting areas.
The Certificate in Xero Accounting course consists of four different Xero and Accounting courses and it is designed to teach you step-by-step how to setup your accounts in Xero and process accounting transactions in the real business setting. The course walks you through to the entire accounting and Xero setup and processes, hence you learn Xero from scratch.
The course suits all skill levels and no previous knowledge of accounting or Xero is required as it covers both accounting and Xero from the very beginning and throughout the course. Based on our research and client feedback, it is the first Xero course that integrates both Xero and Accounting skills to give you all the necessary knowledge and skills required to be successful in managing real business accounts in your not-for-profit organisation or at your workplace if you are working for an employer.
The course covers the following Xero topics:
- Xero setup for new and existing businesses.
- Manage credit/cash sales and purchases.
- Mange and process sales and purchase returns.
- Manage accounts receivables and payables.
- Manage and setup bank feed to connect your Xero Software with your bank.
- Prepare monthly bank, accounts receivable and payables reconciliations.
- Record both cash and non-cash expenses/purchases.
- Prepare, understand and analyses Financial Statements.
- Understand GST requirements, prepare and file GST return to the IRD.
- Understand and prepare the required and most-commonly used end of months/year financial reports.
- Manage and record fixed assets purchases in cash and on credit.
- Understand Income tax, provisional tax and deprecation on fixed assets.
- Understand what is: income, expense, asset, liability and owner’s equity in accounting and business.
- Understand and prepare bank reconciliation.
- Create new bill direct from your email inside Xero
- Prepare bulk batch payments for suppliers
- Prepare bulk deposit
- Connect your Xero Software with your bank account
- Learn how to go paper-less with Xero Software
- Automate data entry and much more…
The course also covers the following Accounting topics
- What is Accounting?
- Why Accounting is important?
- Who uses Accounting information and why?
- What are the 5 elements of financial statements?
- Understand Asset in business and Accounting
- What is the difference between current assets and fixed assets?
- Understand liability in business and Accounting
- What is the difference between current liability and non-current liability?
- Understand equity in business and accounting
- What factors affect owner’s equity to go up and down or increase or decrease?
- Understand the owner’s drawing in business and accounting
- Understand income or revenue in business and accounting
- Understand expense in business and accounting
- What is the difference between revenue and capital expenditures?
- Understand inventory or stock in business and Accounting
- What is the double-entry accounting?
- Understand accounting equation
- Understand accounting equation through a practical illustration of a small business transactions
- Understand how debits and credits work in business and accounting
- Create accounting journal using practical business transactions
- Post your accounting journals into accounting ledgers by using a practical business example
- Understand and prepare trial balance report to check the accuracy of your accounting entries in terms of debit and credit
- Understand and interpret financial statements
- Conclusion of Accounting for Absolute Beginners
NB: This course DOES NOT cover the XERO Payroll as payroll is a separate course on its own.
Why should you enrol in this course?
- You become a competent and confident Xero user in Just 6 weeks or less from the comfort of your own home or office.
- You learn from a qualified, experienced Accountant and MYOB, XERO & Payroll Certified Advisor with over 8 years of solid accounting and teaching experience in New Zealand.
- XERO & Accounting skills are highly-sought-after skills and in high demand.
- XERO is used by over 2 million businesses in New Zealand and Australia alone and is growing.
- You don’t need to have any previous accounting or XERO knowledge to enrol in this course. The course suits all skill levels.
- You receive a completion certificate at the end of this course.
What past participants have to say about the course
- "I highly recommend Abdullah and his 6 week accounting course! The course was thorough and very informative. The cost of the course does not reflect how good the course was and how much I learnt. The resources and course exercise files were very helpful, well thought out and worth the cost of the course".
- "Abdullah is very genuine and I can see he is a really good teacher as he is willing to go above and beyond to help all his students".
- "I highly recommend the accounting course which has lead me to want to enrol in his payroll course".
- "Thoroughly enjoyed and learned so much from the Xero Accounting course and Xero Payroll Course. Abdullah is a great teacher and you can see how passionate he is with teaching".
- "Have just finished Abdullah’s 6 week Xero accounting class. He is an excellent teacher who very patiently explains what to do through a practical and very hands on approach. I do not have an accounting background at all but found the class extremely useful".
Date & Location:
Monday evenings over 6 weeks, from 6:30pm – 8:30pm
9, 16, 23 May & 13, 20, 27 June
These webinars will be delivered online via Zoom. You will be sent the link upon registration.
Price & Registration
$410 per person inclusive of GST
Payment online is by Debit or Credit Card: VISA, Mastercard or American Express only and there are 3 easy steps to complete the online booking process.
Our registration platform is hosted by Lil Regie, our NZ based booking agent. Upon completing your registration by hitting the blue 'Confirm Booking' button, you will receive an automated email confirming the booking and amount paid by credit card. A GST Tax Invoice showing your payment in full will also be emailed to you.
We work hard to ensure that all workshops are cost effective by automating our systems. If you require an invoice (rather than paying by debit or credit card) there will be a $25.00 inc GST surcharge for this, and you will need to supply:
- The full name and postal address required to appear on the invoice.
- The contact name and email of the person(s) responsible for authorising this expense and approving payment.
- Any purchase order references required on vendor invoices.
Please email email@example.com if you would like to reserve a place, as our workshops fill quickly.
What happens if you have to cancel?
We know that sometimes your plans can change for many different reasons. Should you be unable to attend, a substitute delegate is welcome to attend at no extra cost. If a substitute delegate is not available and you need to cancel your registration, please be aware of the following:
Up to 7 days prior to the event you will be provided a refund of your registration cost, less a $20.00 inc GST per attendee service charge.
If you cancel within 7 days of the event, you are not eligible to receive a refund. Please note: should your registration not be paid by the time of the event, you are still liable to make the payment. Unpaid accounts may be passed over to our debt collection agency and additional costs may be incurred.
All cancellations must be received in writing via email.
Training is cancellable by GROW with 3 days’ notice if a minimum number of attendees is not met and full refunds will be provided.
Please note: GROW Ltd reserves the right to make any amendments that we may deem to be in the best interest of the forum – it is however very unlikely and we will notify you as soon as possible should this occur.
For more information see our full Terms of Trade.