This Training will cover:
- An in-depth exploration of the 8 sensory systems, plus an introduction to Neuroception - the bodies sense of safety or danger.
- Sensory Seeking & Sensory Avoiding - the patterns to look for and what they mean.
- What can trigger sensory meltdowns at school, home and the community & how to help effectively.
- The impact sensory systems have on learning, relationships and self-esteem.
- How to answer the question - Is it Sensory or is it Behaviour?
- How to create low cost, effective regulating sensory spaces.
- How to effectively plan proactively, and how to respond reactively when needed
Who Should Attend:
This workshop is suitable for Teachers, Teacher Aides, RTLB's, Speech and Language Therapists, SENCOs, Occupational Therapists, Psychologists and Counsellors.
Zoom Meeting Date & Time
Friday, 29 April or Friday, 26 August - 9.00am - 3.30pm
You will be sent the details to access ZOOM after you have registered.
This is an interactive workshop with breakout room activities and we therefore ask all participants to have their own computer / laptop as this makes the breakout room activities and discussions easier and enhances the learning for all.
We also encourage participants to email their questions to us prior to the workshop, or via the chat at the meeting - email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note this webinar will not be recorded.