Become a confident Xero Payroll user in less than 4 weeks, from the comfort of your own home.
Monday 20, 27 September and 4, 11 October
6.30 - 8.30pm
Certificate in XERO Payroll is a “must do course” for those who are running their own business or looking for a job in administration, finance, bookkeeping and accounting areas.
The Xero payroll course consists of four different Xero payroll and payroll-related legislation courses and it is designed to teach you step by step how to setup your accounts in Xero payroll and process huge payroll transactions in the real business setting. The course walks you through the entire payroll cycle and Xero payroll setup processes, hence you will learn Xero payroll and payroll-related legislation from scratch in a very easy-to-follow and practical manner.
The course suits all skill levels and no previous knowledge of accounting or Xero payroll is required. It starts from basic payroll-related legislation and Xero payroll then goes to intermediate and finally to advanced level.
Based on our research and client feedback, it is the first Xero payroll course that integrates both Xero payroll & payroll-related legislation skills to give you all the necessary knowledge and skills required to be successful in managing real payroll-related tasks. even if you don’t have any previous payroll or Xero knowledge.
The course covers the following Xero Payroll topics:
- Payroll-related legislation and procedures for absolute beginners
- Xero Payroll setup (basic level)
- Xero Payroll day-to-day transactions (intermediate level)
- Xero Payroll Advanced Features (advance level)
Payroll topics covered in this course:
- Setup a new payroll account in Xero from scratch
- Save your payroll account details
- Create employee and enter employee details
- Setup taxable and non-taxable allowances
- Setup pre-tax and post-tax deductions
- Setup employee leave and track leave balance
- Setup employee kiwi saver account
- Setup holiday pay for casual employee
- Enter employee pay history
- Process weekly, fortnightly and monthly pay
- Setup employee bank account for electronic payment
- Setup employee payslips for printing and email
- Prepare an unscheduled pay for a one-off payment
- Correct payroll mistakes
- Edit and delete past pay runs
- Reverse pay
- Edit and delete employee
- Setup casual and fixed term employees
- Manage sick leave and annual leave
- Manage employee termination
- Prepare monthly PAYE return for IRD
- File monthly PAYE return to the IRD
- Setup payroll password
- Change PAYE period
- Password protect employee payslips
- Invite employee to electronic timesheet
- Create electronic bank file for batch payment
- Manage employee leave request
Payroll related legislation topics covered In this course:
- Understand employment contract requirements
- Know different types of employment contracts
- What are the current minimum wage rates?
- What are the individual ESCT rates?
- What is pre-tax deduction?
- What is taxable allowance?
- What are compulsory clauses?
- What tax code should be used for an employee's secondary income?
- What is the difference between annual leave and holiday pay?
- What leave an employee is entitled to?
- What are individual income tax rates?
- What are kiwi saver requirements?
- What is post-tax deduction?
- What is non-taxable allowance?
- What are optional clauses?
- What is the concept of "good faith" and how it is used in court cases?
Why should you enrol in this course?
- You will become a confident Xero Payroll user in less than 4 weeks, from the comfort of your own home or office.
- You will have full access to all course step by step video tutorials, handouts, exercises, answers and any additional training updates.
- You will have access to full version of Xero Payroll software for free for as long as you need.
- You will have access to one-to-one training, mentoring and support with myself for up to 6 months.
- You will never be alone in your learning journey; I personally will be with you every step of the way.
- No waiting for robot chat or generic email support instead, you can access one-to-one personal support in real time with just a text or call.
- You will learn from a qualified, experienced Accountant and MYOB, Xero & Payroll Certified Advisor with over 6 years of teaching experience.
- Xero & Payroll skills are highly sought after skills and are always in high demand.
- Xero is used by over 1.2 million businesses and it is growing every hour.
- You will learn both Xero payroll & payroll-related legislation in the same course for the same price.
- You will increase your employment chances significantly
- Great value and return on your education investment
- You don’t need to have any previous payroll or Xero knowledge to enroll in this course. The course suits all skill levels.
- You will receive a completion certificate at the end of this course.
- You will receive assistance with your CV, cover letter and interviews when applying for a job
Date & Location:
Term 3, Monday evenings over 4 weeks, from 6:30 – 8:30 pm
13, 20, 27 September and 4 October
These webinars will be delivered online via Zoom. You will be sent the link upon registration.
Price & Registration
$340 per person inclusive of GST
Payment online is by Debit or Credit Card: VISA, Mastercard or American Express only and there are 3 easy steps to complete the online booking process.
Upon hitting the blue "Complete Booking" button, you will receive an automated email confirming your registration and you will also be a sent in a separate email a Tax Invoice showing your booking as being paid in full by Credit Card. If you have any issues or questions about your booking, please contact Feona Horrex on 0272 040425 or email: email@example.com
We work hard to ensure that all workshops are cost effective by automating our systems. If you require an invoice (rather than paying by debit or credit card) there will be a $25.00 inc GST surcharge for this, and you will need to supply:
- The full name and postal address required to appear on the invoice.
- The contact name and email of the person(s) responsible for authorising this expense and approving payment.
- Any purchase order references required on vendor invoices.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to reserve a place, as our workshops fill quickly.
What happens if you have to cancel?
We know that sometimes your plans can change for many different reasons. Should you be unable to attend, a substitute delegate is welcome to attend at no extra cost. If a substitute delegate is not available and you need to cancel your registration, please be aware of the following:
Up to 7 days prior to the event you will be provided a refund of your registration cost, less a $20.00 inc GST per attendee service charge.
If you cancel within 7 days of the event, you are not eligible to receive a refund. Please note: should your registration not be paid by the time of the event, you are still liable to make the payment. Unpaid accounts may be passed over to our debt collection agency and additional costs may be incurred.
All cancellations must be received in writing via email.
Training is cancellable by GROW with 3 days’ notice if a minimum number of attendees is not met and full refunds will be provided.
Please note: GROW Ltd reserves the right to make any amendments that we may deem to be in the best interest of the forum – it is however very unlikely and we will notify you as soon as possible should this occur.
For more information see our full Terms of Trade.