Online - Thursday 18 November, 9am - 10.30am
This workshop is aimed at promoting self-care for professionals and their clients during stormy times. It was constructed during level 4 lockdown in Auckland, and is in response to dialogue with many health professionals that are finding things challenging.
Maybe you are coping really well. Your work situation is fantastic. Your client load is manageable. You feel respected and supported by the institution you work in. You are heard, affirmed, and held in your mahi. Energy is high, motivation aplenty, and your fuel tank is full.
Or, maybe you feel overwhelmed. Your workload is horrendous, unethical, unsafe even. You are scared you may make mistakes, and, if so, maybe thrown under the bus. Maybe you are burnt out, bullied, and unsupported. Maybe workplace politics are choking.
Either way, this workshop is for you.
During the session we will look at:
- how you support yourself, your own self-care
- how you support your colleagues and workplace
- how you can then support your clients
- working in institutions, harnessing the strengths, and navigating possible pitfalls
- how to check in with yourself, and how your personality dynamics maybe influencing your own reactions
Who Should Attend
This workshop is useful for workers in all fields, for those for whom all is ka pai, and for those who are struggling. Specific interest groups may include:-
- All people in the workforce
- Front-line staff working with youth in schools, social services, health
- Law enforcement
- Teachers, School Counsellors, RTLB Teachers, School Nurses
- Licensed Practicing Counsellors, Psychologists, Psychiatrists, Psychotherapists, Mental Health Nurses, Therapists, Family Therapists
- General Practitioners, Case Workers, Social Workers, and Youth Workers
- Emergency Room staff
- Police and Probation Officers
- Key Workers, Unit Managers
- Telephone Helpline staff
- Volunteers, and those who are supporting whanau who are at risk
Dates & Locations
Thursday 18 November, 9am - 10.30am
Online via Zoom, login details will be sent to you once you have registered.