NOTE - There will be another 201 workshop later in the year (after the 6th August - date TBC) if you are looking to complete the BPD 101 training on Friday, 10 September. Contact us to register your interest.
This one day follow-up workshop builds on the introductory workshop of BPD 101 where we looked at Recognising, Understand and Responding to BPD. It is a chance to offer an in-depth look at your own casework, drawing on the issues in a little more detail.
It is expected that you will be able to recognise the core presentation for BPD (e.g. DSM5 criteria) and to have a reasonable means of understanding a person with BPD impacts on you and your team. There will only be a very brief recap of those BPD 101 points, but the focus in this workshop is about ideas for how to respond.
If you have not attended the BPD 101 workshop, or you have limited training in recognising and understanding BPD, it is highly recommended you do this before attending BPD 201. Visit the website or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
We are also taking Expressions of interest for a 2-day workshop in 2021 about how to deliver the 20-week STEPPS programme. Email Faye at Grow to register your interest in this training or Visit the website for more information.
The following peak bodies and organisations recognise that the training we offer is of a high quality, evidence based and relevant for their members CPD.
Who Should Attend:
In addition to therapists and MH professionals in both primary and secondary level care, this workshop is also for front-line staff.
It is suitable for those working in social services, health and law enforcement, including:
- Emergency Room staff, Crisis Telephone Helpline staff
- School counsellors and teaching staff
- Community mental health staff
- Police and Probation Officers
- Youth justice counsellors
- Key Workers, Unit Managers, Mental Health Nurses, Social Workers
- General Practitioners
- Psychologists & Psychiatrists RTLB, Therapists, and Licensed Practising Counsellors
It will particularly suit those in NFP’s, community-based outreach services, community organisations, and those working with specific groups including young people or people with comorbid substance use.
Dates of the next Online Workshop TBC
Once you register you will be sent the Zoom Login details.
Participants will be doing exercises in separate (virtual) break out rooms and you will be emailed resources prior to the training. There will be group discussions and participants are encouraged to ask questions.
We therefore ask all participants to have their own computer / laptop as this makes interaction with the breakout room activities and discussions easier and enhances the learning for all.
Please note: Diane will share her slides with attendees post-event.
Workshop starts 9.30am - finishes 4.00pm.
NOTE - This workshop has previously been offered as face-face training. If your organisation is interested in having Diane present face-face to your team, please contact Faye Johnson for more information.
Price & Registration
Standard Price - $230.00 inc GST
The price stated is per person.
Once you have registered you will be sent the Zoom Login details, and you will be contacted again one week prior to the training.
If you are sending 5 or more delegates, please email us for a discounted rate.
Payment is by credit card only and there are 3 easy steps to complete the online booking process.
Upon hitting the blue "Complete Booking" button, you will receive an automated email confirming your registration and you will also be a sent in a separate email a Tax Invoice showing your booking as being paid in full by Credit Card.
If you have any issues or questions about your booking, please contact Faye Johnson on 027 607 3000 or email: email@example.com
- We work hard to ensure that all workshops are cost effective by automating our systems. If you require an invoice (rather than paying by debit or credit card) there will be a $25.00 inc GST surcharge for this, and you will need to supply:
- The full name and postal address required to appear on the invoice.
- The contact name and email of the person(s) responsible for authorising this expense and approving payment.
- Any purchase order references required on vendor invoices.
Please email this information to Brian - firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com , and along with the Invoice we will also send you a special booking link which will come up as free of charge. Through this link you will need to complete your registration.
Our workshops fill quickly so if you would like to reserve a place, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
What happens if you have to cancel?
We know that sometimes your plans can change for many different reasons. Should you be unable to attend, a substitute delegate is welcome to attend at no extra cost. If a substitute delegate is not available and you need to cancel your registration, please be aware of the following:
- Online Events - Up to 7 days prior to the event you will be provided a refund of your registration cost, less a $20.00 inc GST per attendee service charge.
- If you cancel within 7 days of the event, you are not eligible to receive a refund. Please note: should your registration not be paid by the time of the event, you are still liable to make the payment. Unpaid accounts may be passed over to our debt collection agency and additional costs may be incurred.
- All cancellations must be received in writing (email). You will be sent the event's materials upon request.
NOTE - Delegates are responsible for their own travel/accommodation bookings and no compensation will be made should the event be changed to an Online training event, rescheduled or cancelled.
Please note: GROW Ltd reserves the right to make any amendments that we may deem to be in the best interest of the forum – it is however very unlikely and we will notify you as soon as possible should this occur.
For more information see our full Terms of Trade.